[UPDATE: We were right. Lee’s Kittyo Kickstarter campaign is already fully funded! He raised $30,000 in less than an hour! And the funds raised total is still rising rapidly. Huge congratulations to Lee and the entire Kittyo team!]
Last September, Lee Miller came to me for crowdfunding advice. We met for coffee to discuss his unique idea for a device that would allow you to play with your cat, even when you’re not home.
Now, seven months later, Lee Miller’s Kittyo project is launching (in just a few minutes) on Kickstarter.
Most project creators get very nervous about finally publishing their project and baring their idea to the world.
But Lee doesn’t need to get nervous.
He doesn’t need to worry at all.
Because Lee’s project is already funded.
Not because he has a rich uncle or outside investor money. I mean “Kickstarter-funded”, from backers that want his product.
My guess is, he’ll get fully funded in a few hours and by the end of the campaign, hit a multiple of his $30,000 funding goal.
So how did Lee do it?
Lee’s imminent Kickstarter success wasn’t the result of one “silver-bullet” trick or tactic (although there were a few key ones he executed on brilliantly.)
It was the result of months of planning and smart execution of a robust marketing plan.
- He invented a new and novel product idea that people actually wanted.
- He partnered with an amazing design team to bring his idea to life.
- He found the tribes and sub-tribes of people who desperately cared (and he ignored everyone else).
- He used clear design, copy and calls-to-action in all of his marketing and messaging.
- He designed a perfect Kickstarter project page, from a great video to compelling reward level pricing and copy to high resolution product images.
- He built and optimized a perfect landing page that explained the product, the benefits and the offer. (It worked so well, it converted at more than 40%.)
- He used that landing page to get permission to announce his launch to over 13,000 cat lovers that opted in to be notified of the launch.
Want to go behind the scenes of Kittyo’s success?
Lee and I are working closely together and over the next 32 days, I want to bring you behind the scenes of Kittyo, sharing the exact tips, tricks and marketing strategies that are going to make Kittyo such a smash success.
- I’ll share how Lee is maximizing the press story and the impact of that story.
- I’ll share how he’s getting his backers to share the project with their friends.
- I’ll share exactly how Lee is planning and creating his project updates to keep backers interested.
- And much, much more…
I look forward to sharing Lee’s and Kittyo’s success with you.